Friday, May 28, 2010

a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow

Polish is a must-have for summer, especially if you are headed to the beach or you wear sandals and flip flops everyday, so why not have a variety of choices and change it up all summer long?
I hardly ever follow the "trends" of nail polish colors because I believe almost all colors are going to look good and the trend changes week to week anyways. First of all, I don't have time to do my toes and nails in a different color every week, maybe every other week, but that's about all I can promise. I've selected a variety of rainbow-esque colors in all different brands and price ranges to try. I can't guarantee I'll keep every color on for any length of time, considering some of the colors (yellow and orange) are a little too bright for my liking. We'll see though.

Off With Her Red! Alice in Wonderland Collection from OPI
Bright Tights- Essie
Lemondrops- Barielle
Mint- China Glaze
Deep Blue- Yves Saint Laurent
Ms. Perfectly Pink- Le Vernis by Lancome
Tallulah- Nars

My two favorites not really in the rainbow are Parlez-vous OPI and Versailles by Nars
The smokey-violet and champagne colors look great with anything considering they are more of neutral tones than the above rainbow choices. Plus, how could I have a rainbow of nail polishes and not have a "pot of gold" at the end. ;)

Parlez-vous OPI is my current nail color and I love it.
It is more of a dark grey once you apply two coats, but in the sun the color is lavender. A friend let me borrow it, and now I'm thinking I'll have to go buy my own. Thanks Bec!
(Just a quick shot with the web cam of my nails painted in Parlez-vous OPI!)


No comments:

Post a Comment