Friday, February 25, 2011

all around the world

I saw a diy project on HGTV's Design on a Dime where a giant world map was bought and then the homeowners favorite places or dream destinations were cut out and framed so it was more abstract than having a map mural on the wall. Then on Wit & Whistle I saw the cheap but oh-so-lovely project of pinning a metallic world map to a cork board and tacking each place her products are sent to. I definitely want to copy this but for all the places I've traveled to in one color and all my dream vacation places in another. And here my obsession with maps is born. Such a simplistic thing and something honestly up until now I've barely used, and even now I'm not using a map for its natural use. whoops.


Wit & Whistle 

ashita

Inkwhimsy 
flickr 

Anne Holman


Atelier Pompadour

No comments:

Post a Comment