Monday, February 14, 2011

weekend getaway

For a combination birthday, anniversary and valentines present my boyfriend and I took a much needed trip to Boston. We flew out on Thursday and back on Saturday so it was a short trip (wayyy too short) but we had such an amazing time.
We went to the Celtics vs. Lakers game on Thursday night, which the Celtics lost (boo!) but was still such a great experience. Although I love my fashion and share of girly things, I love my sports too, especially basketball. We spent all day sight seeing on Friday, including a tour of Fenway Park where the Boston Red Sox play baseball and all of the historical stops from the Revolutionary period. We had wonderful food and desserts and it was nice to spend alone time and to do whatever we wanted. We finally got used to the subway station and it felt natural to walk all around in a big city holding hands. I would love to move there or somewhere very similar, but for now we'll just have to go visit as often as possible.


view from our plane as we flew into Boston




Celtics vs. Lakers Game




Fenway Park tour



TD Garden where the Celtics play


Old North Church



Paul Revere House
(for some reason my camera
wouldn't turn off black and white
for a while)



Quincy Market



Boston Harbor where we sat on the edge
of a dock and ate cannolis


No comments:

Post a Comment